LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Organic options

Aside from cleaning the unnecessary fat out of my body, this eating protocol is a wonderful opportunity to clean up the chemical load that accumulates each day. The organic options have no added chemicals, freeing the digestive and other operating systems to do do their jobs without overtime on the chemicals clogging up the works.

My first choice would be to purchase meats from a local farm that raises organic beef, chicken, and lamb. Since I can't always connect with their schedule, the next best thing are the organics I can find at Fred Meyer and Safeway. Limited choices, but do-able.

The beef I prefer is the tri-tip steak, or sirloin. Thinly sliced, these are tender cuts cooking up in 2-3 minutes and staying tender.

The fruits and veggies are easier to find. When the garden shuts down for the season, I always shed a few tears, because I KNOW what's in my lettuce, kale and chardwhen I grow it myself!





I love my "Dirty Dozen" and "Clean Fifteen" list, it makes it easy to choose just which fruits and veggies to put my money on. I carry the list in my wallet, for quick reference no matter where I shop. Number one: ALWAYS buy organic celery!!

The other place I try to search out the organics are in condiments and spices. Again, the labels are helpful, but I always spend some time reading them anyway. Some products, like Braggs ACV, are old friends. Others are pleasant surpises, like the garlic and onion powder I recently found. Not all herbs and spices are organic, or processed with the same integrity.



Yes, organics are usually a little more pricey. But I consider it health insurance, which I can't afford to buy in the policy form. And for this food protocol, organics are an additional success formula in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment