LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

# 1 Go-to recipe

A quick calendar scan of the coming week on Sunday evening: hmmm, a couple busy times in there. Not to worry. Make sure there's crisp lettuce and small pink shrimp in the frig.

One of the things I'm really really enjoying about this eating protocol is how SIMPLE it is. Two items to prep, twice a day. Not counting fruit - other than washing or cutting. I mean, how hard is it or how long does it take to whack a grapefruit in half?!

This salad is probably my favorite thing of all time.


I'm blessed to live right on the bay where we have a seafood processing business just blocks away. Fresh fish and shrimp, at my beck and call. I keep a few measured (weighed) out packages in the freezer, but get to use fresh most of the time. Lucky me!

These succulent little pink shrimp get a good rinse in the seive, then drained a few moments while I tear up lettuce from my garden that has been previously washed and rolled in a towel then refrigerated to stay crisp.


Dressing? Easy breezy. A simple vinaigrette. 2 T. organic apple cider vinegar, 3-4 T. water, some stevia to taste, makes a nice sweet-sour type dressing. I throw in some dried herbs, which ever are calling my name at the time, a dash of seasalt and grind of pepper. Wah-la.


The little cup came with shrimp in it one day. It measures 1/2 c. With the lid, it makes a great little shaker for mixing this dressing. I use about half on one salad, pop on the lid and the rest goes into the refrigerator for the next salad.


The melba toast is kinda fun. Sometimes I break it up and drop the little croutons over the salad, other times I just munch little nibbles inbetween bites of salad. One slice of melba doesn't look like much - it's amazing how satisfying it is.

I love to supreme grapefruit. Cutting off the outer rind, then dividing each segment by peeling off the membrane. Grapefruit is good ice-y cold from the frig, but sometimes I prefer it room temp - the flavor really comes through. I always take several good whiffs of the rind before composting it. Grapefruit has got to be the most refreshing scent of all the fruits!

So there's my #1 meal. Shrimp Salad with Grapefruit and a melba. Usually with a cup of green tea.



THIS IS MY IDEA OF SIMPLE!!!

And oh-so-good!

No comments:

Post a Comment