LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Teriyaki!

Have I mentioned how wonderful I find 2-pot cooking with 2 ingredients on the menu? Talk about SIMPLE!

Teriyaki is a wonderful flavor, and it's easily done without all the sugar and additives you may read on a bottle of commercial stuff. I whipped this sauce up in about one minute, with a few more minutes of cooking to reduce it to a saucy consistency.

This sauce is super with chicken, fish,shrimp, or beef! Today I had chicken on the menu for lunch, so this is how it turned out, served on a bed of steamed chard:


Good as Yen Lui's, eh?


TERIYAKI


Pour 1/3 c. water into small fry pan. Add about 1/8 tsp. EACH of garlic powder, onion powder, dry ginger, chili powder, and 1-2 T. of low sodium soy sauce (I prefer Tamari, which can be found gluten-free). A good alternative to soy sauce is Bragg's Liquid Aminos.


Bring to boil, stir in 4 oz. raw chicken breast cut into 1/2" pieces or less. Stir a bit while the chicken cooks, about 2 min. Remove chicken to serving bowl, reserving sauce in pan. Lower heat a tad, and continue to simmer sauce about 2-3 minutes more, until reduced and thicker.


Remove pan from heat, THEN stir in 1/2 packet (your taste) of SweetLeaf plain stevia powder.
Never add stevia while cooking, it will get bitter. Play with the seasonings in this sauce; sometimes I add Chinese 5-Spice powder instead of the garlic and onion powders.

My preferred soy sauce (which does have a small amount of alcohol for preservation):


Add the chicken back to sauce and stir briefly to reheat. Pour over steamed greens.


A dish fit for the Emperor! A nice accompaniment: 1/2 c. cold apple sauce (my raw apple sauce recipe will be posted later).


A NOTE on greens: when I find my system "backing up" for more than a day or two, rather than resort to any sort of laxative I have a big serving of steamed leafy greens - preferably CHARD or KALE! Loaded with fiber and other good things, these natural brooms efficiently help sweep things clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment